We are developing an industrial platform for the capture of CO2 by microalgal photosynthesis: we valorize the CO2 into natural raw materials on a large scale
CarbonWorks enables industry to convert its CO2 emissions into efficient and safe raw materials on a large scale
Although its innovations are independent of microalgae strains, CarbonWorks prioritizes its developments for the AgTech, Food and Feed markets.
CarbonWorks is developing partnerships with players in these markets to provide them with the algal biomass and natural molecules they need.
CarbonWorks contributes to solving 3 major challenges:
Decreasing agricultural land per capita, increasing protein consumption per capita, increasing population
Growing public and political awareness of food safety and quality, as well as their environmental impact
Agricultural sector held responsible for 20% of greenhouse gas emissions
CarbonWorks enables industry to develop safe and effective bioproducts on a large scale, and users to reduce their carbon footprint
- 20 years of experience as CEO of start-ups, innovative SMEs, BUs of large groups in the environment
- 25 years in launching, accelerating and turning around innovative activities,
- Former manager of the microbiology platform at Fermentalg
- 13 years of experience in the selection of strains of interest and the cultivation of microalgae
- Specialist in the use of microalgae in agriculture and industry
Technology & process manager
- 5 years of experience in microalgae culture
- Photobioreactor engineer
- Inventor of several Fermentalg and CarbonWorks patents
Imanol de Cherisey
- 10 years of experience in bioprocessing industry for biomass transformation
- Industrialization and operation of automated batch and continuous processes in multi-site environments in Europe
2 founders at the service of 1 innovation
CarbonWorks was created by Fermentalg and Suez in 2021 following a 5-year research program and benefits from the recognized expertise of the 2 companies.
|Access to industrial CO2, expertise in fluids, water recycling, engineering||Expertise in algae cultivation, proprietary strain library of 2,300 microalgae, international network in the culture of algae|